Not too long ago I wrote a post featuring quotes on loneliness. It was a bit of a downer so I thought I’d try and balance it out with something I enjoy more than being lonely: friends. Having friends, being a friend, and all that good stuff. So this is going to be my quotes about friendship headquarters.
I’ll come back a couple of times a month and add to the list as I find friendship quotes in my reading and conversations that I think are worth preserving here.
I’m also going to try and stay away from quotes that are sickeningly sweet.
- Tell me what company thou keepst, and I’ll tell thee what thou art – Miguel De Cervantes, author of Don Quixote
- The best mirror is an old friend – unknown
- My friends are my estate – Emily Dickinson, poet
- I can trust my friends. These people force me to examine, encourage me to grow — Cher. (that’s a first, a Cher quote on this blog)
- If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you — From Winnie The Pooh. (I know that is straying towards the sickeningly sweet, but I love Milne’s books)
- What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies — Aristotle
I’m going to leave it at that today. More to come. Feel free to add to the list.