Quantcast
≡ Menu

Now Available – The Knot: My First Novel

It’s April Fools, but this is no joke. Today, I am as proud as I have ever been. The Knot is for sale. In the post below, I’m going to lay out your various options for order.

First, if you need some background on how The Knot came to be written, watch this.

Dedication

I’m going to spare you the ginormous infomercial thing and just give you a look at the dedication page. You may roll your eyes. You may laugh. You may do any number of things, but I don’t care–what I say is heartfelt and sincere. You are all part of my life.

For Janette: I love you more than I can say

For Max: Love is not an adequate word

For my family: You held me up when I couldn’t hold on

For Adam T. Glass: You are my strange, strange brother

For the Readers of World’s Strongest Librarian: You are even stranger than Adam.

Here are your buying options:

Option 1: You just can’t wait and you have a Kindle.

Download it here.

Option 2: Buy a print copy from Amazon

A paperback copy of The Knot is on sale from Amazon for $20.95. I’m not at all embarrassed by that price. The Knot took three years to write and it’s got a whole lotta pages and I love it.

Buy from Amazon. (this link will also take you to a synopsis  of the book)

I am this book

This book means everything to me. It is pure me, and if you are a regular reader, that will be a good thing for you. The Knot is easily the most personal thing I am able to share with you. It was the only light-hearted thing in my life during the blackest years of my existence.

And it easily the most creative thing I’ve ever done, and that’s saying something. Opening the package and seeing this book for the first time–well, I was as happy as I’ve ever been. When you read it, you will know that I had a hell of a good time writing it.

All my love and respect. Thanks for the support, yesterday, today, and always.

Josh

Comments on this entry are closed.

• Amy Harrison April 1, 2010, 4:03 am

Congratulations Josh, can understand your deserved pride at the achievement!

I’ll be putting in my request for a signed copy asap. 🙂

• So exciting Josh! I am so happy for you.

• frank April 1, 2010, 4:41 am

congrats josh, I would tell you good luck but you don’t need it. Hell of a year for you huh.lol

frank

• Laura Cococcia April 1, 2010, 4:59 am

Wow – I am thrilled, congratulations friend! Can I read it and then do a book review? 🙂 I’m going for the signed copy version so stay tuned. You rock.

• Boris Bachmann April 1, 2010, 5:17 am

Congratulations Josh! Ordering an e-copy right now.

• Nicki April 1, 2010, 5:41 am

Congratulations, Josh! It is going on my list of as soon as I can purchase, meaning have the money, books. AND, I am putting it at the top of the list.

• Kris Wragg April 1, 2010, 5:47 am

One signed copy for me 🙂 It can go straight to the top of my reading list and bypass the other 10 or so books I’ve still yet to read!

• Josh Hanagarne April 1, 2010, 10:14 am

Received and responded, Wraggy. You’re the best.

• Todd April 1, 2010, 6:31 am

Josh, big congrats on the new book. I’m so excited for you. The cheapskate in my says go for the pdf version, but damn it, I’m gonna splurge for the signed hard copy.

• Michelle April 1, 2010, 7:02 am

Congrats! Give me a week or two to make a little money from the book I just published (shameless promotion: http://www.hartzdesign.com/helpless), and I’ll be picking up a signed copy. Awesome!

• Josh Hanagarne April 1, 2010, 10:13 am

Michelle, I’m on my way to check out that book now.

• Heather April 1, 2010, 7:21 am

DUDE! YOU SO ROCK! I’M GONNA DOWNLOAD MY COPY AS SOON AS I GET HOME TONIGHT! YOU SO TOTALLY ROCK! 🙂

• Good luck on your new book. That’s quite an accomplishment.

-Joshua Black
    The Underdog Millionaire

• Linda Hanagarne April 1, 2010, 8:28 am

I will expect you to sign the books I ordered with glorious inscriptions when you get here – for free. Congratulations Josh. We’re very proud of you. Mom

• Larissa April 1, 2010, 8:57 am

Whoohoo!!!! It seems like I’ve typed that a lot this week. You have had so many victories in the last days, I bet you’re just beaming. Congratulations!!!! 🙂

• Josh Hanagarne April 1, 2010, 10:13 am

I’m beaming as much as a pale, pasty lunatic can.

• Heather April 1, 2010, 9:10 am

‘ey, yo, you just made $15 from yers truly! :p

• Josh Hanagarne April 1, 2010, 10:12 am

‘ey, yo. Thank you:)

• Heather April 1, 2010, 12:58 pm

Wilkommen! Plan on breakin’ bad and startin’ in on it tonight. Thanks for Seth’s book, too, “Linchipin”. . . .that un thar’s a real life-changer, bubby! Good stuffs! Danke schön!

• John April 1, 2010, 9:24 am

Can’t wait to read it Josh…expect another request for a signed copy shortly 🙂

• Matt Cheuvront April 1, 2010, 9:27 am

Awesome. Awesome. Awesome!

• Josh Hanagarne April 1, 2010, 10:12 am

Three awesomes. That’s the gold standard. I have arrived.

• Robby G April 1, 2010, 9:33 am

Congratulations, I can understand how much effort went into writing it. You put 3 years into this project and it’s finally out. It’s extremely difficult to keep a blog going and also writing a book on the side, all the writing can really get hectic at times, no?

• Josh Hanagarne April 1, 2010, 10:12 am

Robby, hectic is the understatement of the universe. If it wasn’t so fun, there’s no way it would be worth it:)

• Justin Matthews April 1, 2010, 9:47 am

Congratulations Josh This is way cool. I can’t wait until my novel is ready to be published. I am going to wait for the audio version though….I like books on tape (or mp3). you are awesome!
    I am really trying to decide if you are climbing mountains, pushing them around, or tearing them down and scattering them to the wind. I suspect the latter.
    Strength and Honor man.
    -Justin

• Josh Hanagarne April 1, 2010, 10:11 am

I’m trying to hustle on the audio. Much appreciated, buddy.

• Carlos Velez April 1, 2010, 9:56 am

I’m holding out for the audio version. That’s the way I read most of my books these days. If it’s on audio, it’s guaranteed to get read. Sounds awesome, good luck with it!

• Josh Hanagarne April 1, 2010, 10:11 am

It’s going to be fun, Carlos, I promise.

• Kris Wragg April 1, 2010, 10:20 am

I would hope the audio book is narrated by yourself Josh, real man narrate their own books and not pay fancy voice actors!

Also it would provide a fantastic challenge to set PRs in how many pages you can narrate without a tic 🙂 Although at this rate it you’ll do the whole book without any problems!

• Dustin Rippetoe April 1, 2010, 10:01 am

Ordered!

• Steph April 1, 2010, 12:13 pm

Congratulations Josh, I am thrrrrrrrrrilled for you! But… will I be able to unravel this knot?! I guess there’s only one way to find out…

• Josh Hanagarne April 1, 2010, 3:12 pm

Oh, well played!

• Gina April 1, 2010, 3:58 pm

Congratulations! What an achievement. Now you should grab your kettlebells and get on tour!

• kathy casey April 1, 2010, 4:37 pm

One question: Do you ever sleep??

congrats!

• We Fly Spitfires April 1, 2010, 5:03 pm

An email will be winging its way to you tomorrow morning with a request for a signed copy! 😀

• Mary Jo April 1, 2010, 6:02 pm

Congratulations Josh! I just downloaded the Kindle version and will move this to the “read next” position!

• Josh Hanagarne April 1, 2010, 7:12 pm

Awesome. Glad to hear it went smoothly. I don’t know much about Kindle yet.

• Nathalie Lussier April 1, 2010, 6:48 pm

Congratulations Josh, this is so great and I’m so happy to be able to share in the joy you must be experiencing at “releasing” this Knot. 🙂

• Andy Fogarty April 1, 2010, 6:54 pm

SUUWEEETT!

Man this is your week for milestones. I’m almost finished with my current read and looking forward to getting my signed copy. Congrats Josh!

• Cheryl from thatgirlisfunny April 1, 2010, 6:55 pm

Hello Josh,
    I’m very proud of you getting your book done! You didn’t send the link the first time you sent a message. I will tweet this notice now! Congratulations!

• Logan Christopher April 1, 2010, 7:10 pm

I don’t read novels too often but I’ll read yours. Any chance I get a signed copy when I see you in a couple weeks?

• Josh Hanagarne April 1, 2010, 7:13 pm

Absolutely, Logan. And I’ll be sending you responses tomorrow to your email. Crazy day!

• Anne Bender April 1, 2010, 7:26 pm

I am so excited for you. Will be patiently waiting {biting my nails, pacing the halls, and stalking the mail lady} for my signed copy. 🙂

• Josh Hanagarne April 1, 2010, 7:28 pm

Anne, did you email me about it yet? Just trying to make sure nobody gets lost!

• Daisy April 1, 2010, 9:11 pm

If I order it from Amazon, I’d love to put a signed bookplate in my copy. Is that an option?
    Just because I’m impatient when it comes to reading material….

• Josh Hanagarne April 1, 2010, 10:08 pm

Daisy, absolutely, but you’d need to send it to me with the bookplate after you received it from Amazon.

• Debbie Ferm April 1, 2010, 10:10 pm

Congratulations, Josh! This is turning out to be quite a year for you, isn’t it? Can’t wait to read your book.

I hope you’ll get some down time to spend celebrating with your family:)

Debbie Ferm

• Josh Hanagarne April 2, 2010, 8:01 am

Thanks Debbie. Things are pretty hectic, but I’m not complaining.

• Fallen Monkey April 2, 2010, 8:33 am

Amazing! Just read the synopsis and so keen to read–I’ll be going for Option #4, so will be in contact. Congratulations on a phenomenal achievement!

• Greg April 2, 2010, 9:37 am

What an awesome achievement Josh. I’ll be ordering my copy shortly!

• Annabel Candy, Get In the Hot Spot April 4, 2010, 4:51 am

This is brilliant. I bet you can’t wait to see it on the shelf at your library. Congratulations big guy:)

• Shadie April 12, 2010, 5:43 am

Is that seriously the cover, though? Because if it is I think you should really have thought about it a bit more. O.o

Ew.

• Josh Hanagarne April 12, 2010, 7:52 am

Shadie, that is seriously the cover. I can live with it:)

• Kevin April 23, 2010, 10:28 am

Josh,

I’m sorry I haven’t been by in a while. I’m very excited for you and I’m ordering a signed copy. I’ll make you a deal too. If you come take the DADvocate project take the survey and agree to be interviewed as part of the project I’ll give you the first 15 minutes of the interview to talk about your book and it will give you visibility to a growing group of daddy bloggers. The best part is I’m not even asking for a free copy. : ) I’d also like to share my daughter’s book with you too. “I Am Not Weird” it’s about cerebral palsy.