This is a guest post from Gordie Rogers, a.k.a. “The World’s Fattest Lifestyle Designer.” Gordie is the founder and editor in chief of Lifestyle Design For You . He currently resides in Tianjin, China.
It’s a new year and a new decade. Learn how to save time so you can spend more time reading your favorite books, lifting kettlebells, and watching cool videos made by Josh.
1. Don’t have children.
2. Learn to speed read.
3. Learn to touch type.
4. Limit TV to half an hour a day or less.
5. Only check email twice a day.
6. Don’t watch porn, unless it actually helps to speed things up.
7. Walk faster.
8. Work from home.
9. Get someone else to cook and clean for you.
10. Outsource or delegate what you can.
11. Don’t read the news, just skim the headlines. You’ll get the gist.
12. Get the toilet paper ready when still on the toilet and haven’t yet finished.
13. Eat more fiber and drink more water. Your number two toilet sessions will be shorter.
14. Only use IM programs when it’s absolutely necessary.
15. Don’t turn your cell phone on before 2pm if you can.
16. Exercise at home.
17. Don’t close books when you get up from the chair if you’re going to come back to the same chair again and continue reading the same book.
18. Get your key or swipe card out before you get to your door.
19. Work in two hour sessions of unbroken concentration. Have a break and then do the same again.
20. Do your most difficult, most disliked and most important task first thing in the workday.
21. Keep your hair really short or shave it like Josh.
22. Don’t multitask.
23. Don’t use the microwave oven to defrost food. Just take the frozen food out of the freezer much earlier and let it thaw on the on the kitchen bench.
24. If you have a bike, ride it faster, but still ride safely.
25. If you don’t work at home, live close to your work place to save on commuting time.
26. When using your browser, open websites in new tabs rather than new windows.
27. Turn off all automatic email and IM notifications.
28. If you have a cat or dog, only feed it once per day. Always leave water out for it.
29. Wear your clothes for longer periods of times until they’re actually visibly dirty or smell.
30. Flip your underwear inside out for the second day if they’re still cleanish.
31. Don’t wear shoes at home. Wear flip flops, slippers or go bare foot.
32. Wear slip-on shoes or boots, rather than ones with laces.
33. Limit your showers to ten minutes.
34. Shower every second day rather than daily if you don’t stink. If you’re in Paris, once a week is fine. J
35. Men, try shaving less if your facial hair growth is slower or grow a beard.
36. Women, forget about plucking eyebrows. Men, don’t notice.
37. If you’re a blogger, only check your analytics program once per week or even only monthly.
38. Turn on the computer and then get dressed while it’s starting up.
39. Multi-task where it doesn’t affect your mental or creative ability. E.g. make taking the dog for a walk also become your daily exercise.
40. Have caller I.D. to screen calls.
41. Empty your trash can from your computer, and defrag your computer once every two weeks to keep it running fast.
42. Use Chrome or Firefox, rather than Internet Explorer. It seems Chrome wins out on speed.
43. Only make love three times per week and remember foreplay isn’t necessary every time.
44. When you wake up, get up.
45. Wear a watch rather than always asking other people what the time is.
46. Be nicer to your partner to prevent wasted time arguing.
47. When travelling long distance, work while on the bus, train or plane if you can.
48. Live on the lower floor of a building.
49. If you really want to eat take-out, have it delivered.
50. Read Lifestyle Design For You . for more amazing ways to save time and improve your life.
If you liked this post, please Subscribe To The RSS feed.
And if you liked the post, you’ll love the newsletter.