Surprises, reversals, relief, profound shame, and violent realizations that I’ve experienced in the last three decades
- The Cheerio was a worm
- His sister was a dwarf and I’d just made a midget joke and she was standing right next to me
- I’d fallen in love with the young woman in the picture but didn’t know she was my grandmother
- Death is the end
- Death is not the end
- Death might not be the end
- The Terror might be the scariest book ever
- I was holding a grasshopper up to my eye and I had thought it was just a nickle
- Life is hard
- Kettlebells rule!
- My parents aren’t perfect, now I can be their friend
- It’s too easy to confuse being busy with being productive
- There are worse things that being hit
- As I walked up to the door to pick my date up, I realized that I’d forgotten to put a shirt on under my jacket
- Friends can save your life
- Friends can wreck your life
- Things would have been much simpler if I’d met her with the lights on
Feel free to add to the list!
If you liked this post, please Subscribe To The RSS feed.
And if you liked the post, you’ll love the newsletter.