Strongman Adam Glass has agreed to be interviewed for World’s Strongest Librarian in the near future. Before that happens, I wanted to give you a chance to get to know a little more about the madman from Minot.
Adam T. Glass:
- Active member of the US military
- Strongest guy I know
- Great teacher
- Owner of Unbreakable Fitness
- Newly minted RKC
- All-around cool dude
Long before I began pestering Adam with my own questions about how to bend and break things, I had seen his name a lot on the Dragondoor forum. I joined the Diesel Crew forum later on and he was there as well. I joined the Gripboard forum later on and he was there as well.
Adam’s active participation in the online strength world is characteristic of his nature – proactive and generous, at times a little aggressive. But while he is a prolific contributor–tons of posts, articles, and strength training videos out there–his message is simple, as the best things usually are:
- The basics work best and always will
- Pick something that works and do it until it doesn’t work anymore.
- Don’t change your routine as long as you’re getting results.
- Strength trumps appearance
- You don’t get to say something doesn’t work if you haven’t tried it for six months.
- Kettlebells rule
- Quit making excuses
- Don’t take advice from people who haven’t accomplished what you want to accomplish
- If you really wanted to be strong, you’d be strong
Photo courtesy of Straight To The Bar
There’s more, but that’s the core of what I’ve taken away from him. I’ve learned a lot from Adam. He is generous with his time, talents, and knowledge. He may get paid to train people, but he also spends lots of time online helping people like me get strong with his free time.
Why should he care if anyone else is strong? I’m not sure…I’ll ask him in the interview.
Watch this video: everything else you need to know is in here. Those poor frying pans!
If you liked this post, please Subscribe To The RSS feed.
And if you enjoy the site, you’ll love the Newsletter.