I start a timer, I give myself one minute, and I start typing. This is, of course, way more generous than the time the contestants get. They often freeze up and forget everything or just blurt out absurdities. I’m usually finding myself in the same boat.
Okay, setting the timer.
- You’re cooking or cutting onions
- you’re sad
- you’re crying
- You’ve been reading sad books
- you have welder’s flash
- you looked into the sun
- you are sitting by a campfire and the wind’s not cooperating
- you didn’t get enough sleep
- you are yawning
- you were in chemistry class and you got the business end of a bubbling beaker
And…no so hot.